Value Added Services from Standard Distribution Co.
One of the specialty services that Standard Distribution Co. offers to its clients is cross docking. Cross docking is the practice of unloading materials from an incoming semi-trailer truck or railroad car and loading these materials directly into outbound trucks, trailers, or rail cars. Cross docking not only reduces material handling, but also reduces the need to store products in the warehouse.
Benefits of Cross Docking:
• Streamline the supply chain from point of origin to point of sale
• Reduce handling, operating and warehousing costs
• Consolidate multiple inbound loads into a bulk shipment
• Deconsolidate bulk shipments into smaller outbound loads
“We asked Standard to help us service our production lines with parts distribution, and their contribution has benefitted our company's production process. We will continue to assign additional projects to them which we believe will further benefit our company.”
- VP | Industrial Equipment Company